Advertisement

rhema bible college, brainwashing

topic posted Tue, September 27, 2005 - 9:56 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I was raised a fundy and used to try to convert my friends in junior high school, but eventually found it didn't work and that everyone else's ideas about religion and spirituality were a lot more attractive than my own. I am now the only non-Christian in my family, and recently they have gotten more and more into Rhema Bible Ministries, Kenneth Hagin's church based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. My brother and my sister and her husband all went there to be brainwashed in their 2 year endoctrination program, and recently my sister wrote me to exorcise me via email. She actually cast the deomns out of me via email.

I'm over the fear of hell and the negativity of those beliefs, but now it is a wall between me and my family. Christianity gets in the way of my relationships with them. It's hard to have real relationships with cult members.
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: rhema bible college, brainwashing

Wed, September 28, 2005 - 11:19 AM
    I feel your pain!

And I've known a lot of KenHaginbots. I narrowly escaped a Shepherding church.

Come see us over in Recovery from Fundamentalism, too.

It *IS* difficult to have real relationships with cult members. I've had to write off many good friends and a few family members over the past ten years ... and that's just over Burning Man! <rim shot>

No, seriously.

Wed, September 28, 2005 - 11:53 AM
    yeah, since so many important world issues seem to revolve around the axis of idiocy that is Christianity, it is very hard for me to relate TACTFULLY to my family, so now I just tell them exactly what I think... it may make things less "smooth" at Thanksgiving but at least I don't get an ulcer.

Wed, September 28, 2005 - 12:35 PM
      But don't you get all that knit-browed "concerned" shit, plus their pious and condescending insistence on "praying for you"?

It's interesting to have been on both the giving and receiving end of that tactic.
      I ask myself: Was I that bad?

The answer: Yes.
    • Unsu...

Re: rhema bible college, brainwashing

Wed, September 28, 2005 - 3:32 PM
      Yeah, I've actually found that being honest is not only the best thing I can do for myself, but for my family, too. I've only recently taken to informing them of the "cult-like" aspects of their religious beliefs and practices, and they actually, while not in agreement, are taking it better than I thought. I think when I first left home 7 years ago, I was acting out of rebellion, so my goal was to hurt them because I felt hurt. Now, I would just like to get through to them as I feel like my own sense of reality is no longer threatened.

Sun, June 5, 2011 - 8:22 AM
    Hello there. I'd like to start off by pointing out that I'm Christian and proud of it. The Lord has always been faithful good to me and I'm grateful for it.
    I was glad to find this post because I've been trying to find more information of Rhema Bible School/Church (I don't even really know).
    I've been living in France for a few years now and I've been to many different Christian churches throughout my life (Assembly of God, Baptist Church, Presbyterian Church..etc) and have always felt well. But, a few weeks ago I was invited to a new church (new because it's the first one in all of France), the Rhema Bible School/Church where I didn't feel well at all. I felt uncomfortable because the preacher was speaking of things I had never read of in the Holy Bible and when I went to see him after the sermon he actually tried to convince me of these things, which are NOT written in the Bible (I think he thought I wasn't Christian or that I was newly converted..).
    As a Christian, I'm very upset because I don't know if Rhema actually preaches these "heretic" things or if it was just that single man. If it actually does preach these things then it's an awful cult making people believe things that are not biblical and thus: not from God. The word of God is a precious and beautiful thing. One just has to read it in order to find faith because God speaks through it in a way unimaginable to men. I hate cults because they distort the word of God and by doing so actually slow down the work of God.

If anyone has any information on Rhema please answer this post.

I'd like to end this post by saying that faith and religion or not the same thing. You can believe in God, and in Jesus, without being a member of a church. It is faith that saves not religion. Going to church does not make anyone better and does not secure anyone's salvation (meaning that you can go to church all your life and still go to hell). Salvation is independent and individual.

God bless.

Sat, November 17, 2012 - 9:39 AM
      Annie I read your comment and would give this as a reply.

I found the folling on a search on yahoo.com Quote: "The word "rhema" is a Greek word which simply means "the spoken word.""

Now that I have shown what a website says that the word "rhema" means there is then the need to see that it is use properly.
      See to often Charismatics put their spoken word of the written Word of God. ANYONE can read tyhe Bible, but it take study and wisdom and good training- from a biblical church or friends- to know truth from error.

People can say "touch not God's anointed prophet" all they want, but that does not mean that it is okay to speak falsely. ( See Deut. 18:20-22) We need need MORE people from Europe and America to publicly REFUTE these "preachers" who make false statements and than says that it is okay to not be 100% correct when speaking in the name of the LORD.

Remember even Paul refuted Peter. ( Gal. 2:11) Peter was not the HEAD of the church- but the Lord did allow him ( "the keys" Matt. 16:19) to open the doors to the Jewish ( Acts 2) and non-Jewish people ( Acts 10 & 11)

Hope this helps.

Sat, August 30, 2014 - 12:17 AM
      My advice: stay *well* away.
      I went through a Rhema church for 1 year then went through their Bible Training course for 1 year ... At the start I was sick and broke, but by the end of it I was sicker, completely skint, more confused, emptier, more estranged and felt less loved by God than ever. I have since spent 8 years researching among other things, Freemasonry and witchcraft, all starting with a simple search on Rhema history and affiliations. In the Rhema 'church history' classes we were handed an A4 sheet indicating their church history and associations, which only went so far. (How convenient for them.) The advent of internet has changed the ballgame completely. Internet is accountability at best, if you cross research and check the accountability of your references and give it time to see the pattern that eventually presents. Kenneth Hagin (not unlike Kenneth Copeland and Oral Roberts) is a 33rd degree freemason. Oral Roberts University (ORU) has an underground temple complete with satanic altar for blood sacrifice built under the auditorium (just google the pictures of the aerial shots and at minimum you will see the owl symbolism) Benny Hinns 'mantle' from Kathryn Kuhlmann is one of a Jezebel spirit, her whole family was into witchcraft. Hagin's 'teachings' are a direct rip off from E.W. Kenyon's teachings and he was a freemason, a medium and heavily into esoterics.

The pastor at the Rhema I attended literally had parishoners 'under him', always young, bright innocent, big-breasted teenagers that he liked to bribe/lure/ravish with brand new Jeeps, designer clothes, penthouse apartments and cash. He liked to take our money too, and that silver tongue worked its charm, he could certainly talk up an offering. The pastors just *loved* Zegna and Brioni suits and drove to 'work' (church) in the latest model BMW/Benz/Lexus. There was so much more going on, and not unlike many of you on here searching for answers, we were told to not discuss the pastoral team with anyone else 'unless it was uplifting, wholesome, fitting speech'... we were NEVER to speak ANY doubt whatsoever and it was as though you were using the c-word if you voiced and concerns or didn't immediately go along with their orders 100%, immediately.

I am halfway through researching Disney and the MKUltra mind control programming that is infused into all of Disney output... Read some of Fritz Springmeier's research... you will eventually put enough pieces of the puzzle together to have your eyes opened to the traps and perils that lie in wait. And there are many.
      Christianity has been inundated with mind control from Billy Graham (also 33rd degree freemason to Joyce Meyer to Paul Crouch, TBN, Creflo Dollar, Leroy Thompson, Charles Capps, Rick Warren (satanist and Chrislamist), just to name a few... You have to be *very* careful with whom you allow to speak into your life... your life depends on it.

I didn't find a lick of love or acceptance in the Rhema church. It was all about what I could do for them and they were more than happy to take my money. When I stopped going it took 5 months before anyone even bothered to phone me, and when they did it was to ask to do helps.
      I can now see that they are under a spell...

Recent topics in "refugees from Christian families"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
364 days d2a 1 September 21, 2007
Cracks in the Wall - 4-part series on Authoritarianism/Fundame... Mary 0 September 20, 2006
Radio Unsubscribed 0 August 2, 2006
Toasting Political Christians PuckerButt 0 June 10, 2006
Who Here's Been Exorcized? Mary 8 February 26, 2006